Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mail


I have a dining room full of mail to sort thru.  I haven't had the time to dedicate to it.  I want to read everything sent to me but it will take a while.
I thought it might be nice to share a bit of what I've received.  I know I've mentioned in the past that I am just stunned by the heartfelt condolences and outpouring from kind people in the area but I’ll say it again.  We are blessed to have one another!
 
I'm removing any personal details about the writers of what I'm going to post as these notes were to me and my family.  I just think they're so beautiful that sharing them can't help but cause good feelings. I know they warm my heart and will yours as well.  I'll share more in the future; these are some of the ones I re-read today.
Letter #1:

"To the Stewart Family, I'm writing you this letter because I know I won't get through trying to say it... I just wanted to let you know that your son Christopher Stewart was the absolute epitome of an Angel. Chris was the kindest most trustworthy caring and genuinely friendly person I have ever met in my whole life.  There was never a time when I saw Chris when he wasn't smiling.  Never a time that I saw him when he wasn't doing something stupid to make somebody laugh.  He was always my go to guy on a bad day because I knew there was nothing better than a hug from "Stewbear".  His smile lit up a room and his laugh spread like wildfire.  I wish I could say that he and I were best friends but the truth is that would not do him justice, Chris was a best friend to everyone he met.  Thank you for raising a son with such a beautiful heart and wonderful outlook on life.  He has truly been a blessing to me and all of his friends. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you take comfort in knowing that the entire Shenendehowa community stands behind you through this time of tragedy.  I’ve never met you personally before now but I love you all with all my heart.  Keep staying strong and don't forget to smile because that's all he ever wanted."

Letter #2:

"Dear Mrs. Stewart, I am a 2007 SHEN grad that is currently enrolled in graduate school.  I love reading your blog and I keep tabs on your posts.  Your blog inspired me to reach for the stars regardless of any obstacles you may face and how to treat others.  Also your son Chris, Deanna, Matt and Bailey have been an inspiration to me as well, knowing what great things they had accomplished in their lives. since I have had personal issues in my life that I needed to change I couldn't say that it was always easy to make changes and move on but after the incident and reading some of the things in your blog I was very moved and inspired to make those changes in my life.  I have learned also to be aware of how to treat others because you never know what might happen to them.  Learn to love and forgive. Move on from your mistakes because there could be more serious problems to deal with. Reading your blog made me realize and confirm the fact that good things can come out of something so tragic.
This kindness card that I included with this letter is something that my elementary school is doing to promote random acts of kindness.  Since I was inspired to be kinder to others my act of kindness is letting you know how inspired and moved I am by your blog.  You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.  I look forward to reading more of your amazing posts very soon!"
Letter #3:

"To the family of Christopher Stewart, Please accept this Prayer Bear from the Melrose Methodist Church as a token of our deepest sympathy in the loss of your son. This bear was passed around our entire congregation and prayed over in memory of Christopher on December 9th.  We hope he brings you peace and comfort, and please know how very many people are holding you in prayer at this most difficult time.  You will remain in our hearts and prayers in the days to come. From all of us at the Melrose Methodist Church"

I found these notes to be uplifting.  I hope you did too.  Enjoy your day and feel free to utilize my "Kindness Card" on someone (Or several people!). I'm a good sharer, I don't mind. :-)

Thank you for reading.

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Regina!
    I believe these letters, especially Letter 1 once again testifies to the fact that Chris really did live out 100% of himself each and every day. What a truly special and wonderful being you brought into this world.
    Thinking and praying for you and your family daily. God Bless You and Yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letter 2 inspired me as I too am working to make the necessary changes in my life!! This blog helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Regina,

    Thank you for sharing these personal notes. Letter 2 also inspired me,"Learn to love and forgive." I am definitely a work in progress. For the most part I am very kind and do many random acts of kindness. I do need to work on tolerance of difficult people in some situations.

    I am currently working a camp and the staff where the camp in being run is very difficult(actually impossible) Today I am not going to let them get in at me and I am going to "let go and let God"...thanks for the reminder, your blog has such a way of doing that...reminding us to work each day to strive to be a little better than we were the day before.

    God Bless, XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Regina,

    Sigh... Reading these letters today were truly amazing treasures. Thank so much for sharing them. Letter #1 made me feel and even greater sense of loss for all that knew and loved Chris and for those who never had the good fortune to have him in our lives. The world is a more beautiful and nicer place with people like Chris in it. I'm sorry.. It just makes me want to know why? Why him?!
    It's not for us to know.. Only God can answer that question.
    You are not alone Regina.. So many others continue to mourn the loss of a beautiful soul..
    Your son affected so many.. Lives have been enriched because of knowing him. He continues to enrich and affect all of us that didn't even know him.. What a true legacy.. Thank you or sharing him with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Regina,

    It's amazing how many lives Chris touched, even ones of people he never met, including me. He's continuing to do that through you and your blog...the number of people that your words impact daily is amazing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Regina. The cards are just so beautiful. Looking at the first picture with all the cards you have, I'm sure you will be sharing more in the days to come. That's really sweet of you to recognize those who have reached out.

    I saw the kindness card you pictured above on facebook a while back. I even copied the picture and made a document of the kindness cards and have them tucked away for future use. I haven't quite decided how to use them. I thought random acts of kindness are done without making "one's self" known to the recipient. I'm a little confused on how that all works so for now, I will continue my random acts of kindness without handing out a card, but they are there if I need them.

    I have something to mail you. I picked it up Saturday at Wilton Mall when I was there, and just haven't gotten to the store to get a card. Now that I see this blog today, I feel like I would come across as sending you a card just because other's did! That's not the case. I will mail out the "something I picked up" on Saturday without a card, just so I can get it in the mail to you. It's been in my bag for 5 days now! It's so tiny anyway so I wasn't sure how to mail it, but I'm going to. I just thought of you when I saw it and picked it up.

    Now that I ruined the spontaneity of it... gosh... it's been a full moon kind of week, without the full moon.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful notes with us and showing us more special kindness that has been shown to you as a result of how kind Chris was to those who met him. I wish I met him. But I'm glad you share so those of us that didn't know him, do now.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regina,
    As tears are streaming down my cheeks after reading these heartwarming notes, I can't help but be so moved by how Chris touched so many lives and continues to do so through you. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina,

      Missed your blog yesterday. I went out to dinner with friends. When I came out my car battery was dead. So by the time AAA came and I got home it was late and I was tired. Dinner was delicious and it was great to see my friends! I have to say ditto to the above response. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my cheeks. Thank you for sharing those heartwarming notes. You truly are blessed because Chris brought joy to so many people in his life!

      Thanks for sharing!
      hugs and peace

      Delete
  8. Beautiful letters!! the outpouring of love and support for you and your family is beautiful and wonderful to see and feel through your posts. My grandmother kept all of my uncle's cards she received after his death over 20 years ago. I found them this past summer when we were packing up their house for them to move to a retirement community.

    ReplyDelete